•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Recommendation for EF for Rasa 11

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 th3r3ds0x

th3r3ds0x

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: SE Louisiana

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:46 PM

I’m looking for recommendations on a good electronic focuser to use with my RASA 11”. I tried the Celestron Focus motor with no luck. I won’t go I to a bunch of detail but after trying two units from Celestron the required retro kit just doesn't work well with my particular ota and the motor.

Anyway I’d love to hear recommendations on other products that will work from other owners using them and any pictures would be even more appreciated. This issue has been far more frustrating than it needed to be and I’m just wanting to move on to something that will work.

P.S. Mods, if this is in the wrong area please send it where it belongs, thanks!

-Sean

#2 Shawn Gurley

Shawn Gurley

Lift Off

• Loc: alpharetta

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:10 PM

Instructions are pitiful on Celestron but I have it working perfectly with rasa11

after a struggle 

#3 ehunnell

ehunnell

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Longmont, Colorado USA

Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:22 AM

I use the Starizona Microtouch. Works great.

Eddie

• Phil Cowell likes this

#4 th3r3ds0x

th3r3ds0x

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: SE Louisiana

Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:38 AM

Thanks Eddie, I ended up going that route as well.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics