•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Duel setup planned

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ICU2

ICU2

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:13 AM

Hi I have a Vixen VMC200L and set of Binoviewers,Zeiss,  decieding on Ex.SCI Twilight II or Losmandy AZ8  also trying to decide what the 2nd scope should be. I do not plan on doing photography or perhaps some minor stuff with a Smartphone adapter which I have.  I Want a good setup for some club events and  would like  the binos on one and mono view on the other. Any suggestions?  Refractor or  other reflector , Thanks

#2 sg6

sg6

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Norfolk, UK.

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:22 AM

Is this 2 mounts set up side by side or one mount with 2 bits on it, assume on either side.

If 2 seperate mounts then you will be kept reasonably busy maintaining each, if 1 mount and 2 scopes I would avoid it. Too easy for one person to move the scope a little and then that throws both off. Especially if you use binoviewers as in general use of binoculars you grasp the eyepiece end and bring that to your eyes. Thinking people could well do the same.

Nice maybe to show a dual scopes on a mount but I would not do it at outreach. The old saying is keep it simple.

• Greyhaven likes this

#3 ICU2

ICU2

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:46 AM

perhaps do one or the other on outreach nights and for my personal viewing do both! still I wonder what type I should be looking at   Deeper sky for the mono or wider view with refractor

#4 clearwaterdave

clearwaterdave

Soyuz

• ****-
  • Loc: Western Maine

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:44 AM

Here is my duel seesaw mount,.The scope is a Celestron 102 f/6.5 sold as an AZ kit.,I didn't like the mount but find the tripod usable.,the bino is Celestron 15x70 cheapies but pretty good.,   

This is a fun stable rig to drive.,about $60 in pipe and weights and a little yankee diy.,good luck with your choice.,

The second pic shows how the mount can move the scope or bino down to the observer.,

Edit.,lol.,.I just saw you were talking about "binoviewers".,cheers.,

Attached Thumbnails

• 20171003_173429jpg.jpg
  • IMG_20180914_074700.jpg

Edited by clearwaterdave, 05 August 2019 - 11:49 AM.

#5 ICU2

ICU2

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:53 AM

cool setup ! 

#6 Jeff Struve

Jeff Struve

Skylab

• Moderators
  • Loc: Iowa, USA

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:54 AM

I have great luck for doing solar astronomy with a dual mount at outreach...

Attached Thumbnails

• Solar Rig.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics