•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron CPC1100 w/ Celestron Binoviewer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RickyD85

RickyD85

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: London/Kent, UK

Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:40 AM

Hi guys

Am now the owner of a CPC1100, which I bought with a Baader mkV binoviewer. For the price I paid relative to the scope I am not massively impressed to be honest. There isn’t wrong with it at all and the quality is fantastic, however for nearly £1,100 (UK sterling) I think my money could have been better spent elsewhere.

I’m looking to get the celestron binoviewer, what else can I/do I need to buy to go with it? Would also like to upgrade the diagonal to work with the binoviewer, can I get one to correct the orientation of the image that will work with the celestron binoviewer?

#2 junomike

junomike

Hubble

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:35 PM

I'd grab the Denk Binotron or EarthWin BV's to be able to use 24mm Panoptics without vignetting.

If you mainly use shorter F/L eyepieces, the Celestron is fine.

Any 2" Diagonal should be fine however I recommend the AP Visual Back for added security.

#3 RickyD85

RickyD85

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: London/Kent, UK

Posted 10 August 2019 - 02:35 AM

Hi thanks Mike. I intend to use this at higher powers so will generally be using 12.5mm and 20mm eyepieces.

Would a 2” diagonal still be an upgrade then, if using a celestron binoviewer with 1.25” eyepieces?

Edited by RickyD85, 10 August 2019 - 02:35 AM.

#4 junomike

junomike

Hubble

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:37 AM

IME yes as the 2" Diagonal tends to hold better.  Also a 1.25" Diagonal is short and places the BV/ eyepieces closer to the back of the SCT which can be tight for some people.

• RickyD85 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics