•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Swift 831 - Accessorization

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spyke

Spyke

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: Scotland

Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:41 PM

Hi,

Waiting for my Swift 831 OTA to arrive, and wondering about some things.

I've ordered a Baader 36.4mm to 1.25" compression ring adapter, so that'll sort it for 1.25" diagonals etc

But the scope comes with no finderscope. I have already read that finding an original finder and bracket for this scope will be nigh on impossible, so what have other owners done to solve the problem? 

My intention is to make the scope practical and routinely usable, and for me I think I tend to prefer RDFs. 

I have standard Orion/Skywatcher 76mm tube rings en route, and will be using the scope primarily on my AZ-4 or Vixen GP. 

I have already tweaked the focuser on my 839 so will be happy enough doing the same to the 831's to reduce slop/backlash.

Any other hints or tips from owners who regularly use their 831s will be greatly appreciated!

Ant  :cool:

#2 Chuck Hards

Chuck Hards

You don't know Swift from Astrola

• Administrators

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:16 PM

Let me look through my spare parts, I may have an extra 831 finder, but probably no bracket.  Stay tuned, might be the weekend before I can get to it.  

• Spyke and rolo like this

#3 Chuck Hards

Chuck Hards

You don't know Swift from Astrola

• Administrators

Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:37 PM

Ant, check your PMs.  

• Spyke likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics