•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

2019 Chiefland Star Party ~ Fall Gathering

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JHilliard

JHilliard

Sputnik

• topic starter
  • Loc: Florida

Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:50 PM

The 2019 Fall Star Party is just a bit over two months away…Saturday, October 19th thru Saturday, October 26th.

The 2019 Fall Star Party will NOT REQUIRE an advanced booking donation, though if you wish to secure a specific RV spot, an advanced registration donation will be required.

The 2019 donation for staying on the field will be $15 (cash) per night for RV’s/Travel Trailers & Cargo Trailers using heating and air conditioning systems.  For tents, cars, vans, etc., requiring low power usage, the donation will be $9 (cash) per night.

In our voting a few months ago about whether it would be this week or the following week (10/27~11/02), it was also suggested you could “Come Early and Stay Late” or “Come Late and Stay Later” 8~)).

With the length of the Star Party and the variable attendance we have, it is very hard to get vendors or presenters to do afternoon presentations.  If there is anyone planning on coming that would like to do a presentation related to astronomy/equipment/imaging…please let us know.

A Chiefland Membership is also required for attendance.  If you have not become a 2019 member, please contact me and we will get things worked out.

Jonesey will be away until October so if there are any questions, please contact me.  If I cannot answer the question, I will pass it along to Jonesey and get the reply to you.

Regards,

John Hilliard

#2 Jason H.

Jason H.

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Central Florida

Posted Today, 04:42 PM

John Hilliard recently replied to an inquiry I made for the upcoming star party, and I want to pass it along; if you are not a Chiefland member yet, although they usually have a $25 per year membership fee, John Hilliard says that  the membership fee for the remainder of 2019 will be $15, which you can pay to either to him or Jonesey at the star party.  John Hilliard will be set up on the West end of Jonesey's workshop.  Also, as a member you can visit the site year round too (with the appropriate per night donation.)  He says that new people should also fill out and bring the waiver form which can be found at:  chieflandastro.com/CAV%20Waiver%20Document%202.pdf

I don't think they will be capable of printing out forms in the field.
John also mentioned that there will not be any WiFi provided by Chiefland Astronomy Village, so plan for your own connectivity.
Here's a map/directions page from CAV member Joe Mize http://www.cav-sfo.com/Map.html
Joe also has a webpage with astro images shot from Chiefland at  http://www.cav-sfo.com/      

Here's a google maps pointer to the site too https://goo.gl/maps/yBF7LCZ9GwatvLsQ6    

Clear skies and good seeing!

Jason W. Higley

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics