•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Live streaming on YouTube and facebook

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 drwho41963

drwho41963

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Arizona

Posted 10 August 2019 - 03:51 PM

It's been a year since I have done anything with my telescope. life has been really busy but now it looks like I will have time. I have a Celestron nexstar 8 SE and if someone has knowledge as to how I would be able to live stream on YouTube or Facebook what I am seeing through my telescope I would also like to speak into my computer and have them hear me on either venue any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 Francopoli

Francopoli

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Ohio Valley, USA

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:56 PM

The ZWO cameras, and I will assume most of the USB connected cams, show up as a camera in Windows 10.  Set that as your camera in your streaming software, focus, and broadcast.  A few years ago a group ran a stream called the "Virtual Star party" and live streamed the moon and planets over youtube.  They used a mic, and set the astro camera as their output device.

Deep sky will probably need a desktop share and live stacking software, but can be done.

#3 Jeff B1

Jeff B1

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: South Central Florida

Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:07 AM

Too many ads pop up on YouTube

#4 StarmanDan

StarmanDan

Aurora

• Loc: Where the stars at night are big and bright...

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:06 AM

Take a look at Night Skies Network.

https://www.nightskiesnetwork.ca/

• elmiko likes this

#5 drwho41963

drwho41963

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for the information. I will set something up and try streaming next month.

#6 drwho41963

drwho41963

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:19 PM

What streaming application is the most reliable?

#7 Bob Denny

Bob Denny

Vendor (DC-3 Dreams)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Mesa AZ USA

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:12 AM

You can avoid YouTobe ads by using Twitch streaming. If you have a decent nVidia video card, even the lowly 750ti, then the nVidia drivers can directly stream to either YouTube live or Twitch with low CPU loading. OBS is great for streaming also.

PS I don’t get ads inserted into my outgoing live YouTube streams while live. Others who are using the free YouTube may see ads on later playbacks to replace the $10/month for YouTube Premium, a fee well worth t in my opinion.

#8 Whichwayisnorth

Whichwayisnorth

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:03 PM

Twitch.tv and Youtube are both good options.  There are others but not as popular.

You'll need OBS Studio (free download) and learn where to put the streaming key and how to set it all up.   Buy a usb headset from Amazon to get you started because you don't want the microphone to pick up the sound from external speakers.

Just search youtube on how to stream on youtube or twitch.

Lots of guides.

#9 mclewis1

mclewis1

Thread Killer

• Loc: New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:14 PM

... and spend some time in the EAA forum here on CN. Live broadcasting has been one of the fundamental "technologies" used over the years in the live video/EAA observing world.

#10 BoldlyGoing

BoldlyGoing

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Winter Springs, Florida

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:30 AM

We are using OBS studio and Team Viewer to produce a "show" in the style of a video podcast, featuring live stacking. I wrote up the details at http://boldly-going....ind-the-scenes/

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics