•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New LX 90 ACF 8" Dec. Drive runaway!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mikey95hd

Mikey95hd

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:07 PM

Seems that when I go to alignment "Easy" the scope will keep going past the selected alignment star in Dec. And will not stop until turning off power. If I skip alignment, using arrow keys everything works like it should. Scope is still under warranty, should I send it it be repaired. Worked great until the other night. Also using 12v external power.

#2 alval

alval

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:42 AM

There are a few things you can try before thinking of sending it back. Make sure all your data, time, location, gmt offset is entered correctly. When it malfunctions does it eventually stop? While its rotating if you press the bottom arrow buttons it will select another star, does it change and recalculate for another? It may be a silly question but have you got your star right, I once mistook it selecting rigel for rigel kent which were 180 degrees apart. You can also try a two star alignment selecting your own stars to see if that works. If these fail you can also reset the audiostar and start from scratch again.

Al

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics