•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SkyTools - will the ST4 visual ever be out?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 brentknight

brentknight

Apollo

• Loc: Foley, Alabama

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:44 PM

May be a little off topic, but I don't use ST3 in the field because I don't have any hardware to run it on - other than a laptop which to me feels clumsy.  I have not minded using SS6, but I end up exporting my notes from that app to csv and then copying them into ST3.  In addition to all the benefits I'm hearing about the better eyepiece view I feel it would be nice to just skip over the note export process altogether.  Anyway, what devices do you like to use in the field that will run ST3 (and hopefully ST4 very soon)?

#27 Kyphoron

Kyphoron

Messenger

• Loc: Rhode Island

Posted 02 September 2019 - 11:03 PM

I use a Toshiba Encore 2 10" windows tablet. I bought it on Ebay for around 80 bucks. With the expandable memory slot I have a 128 GB micro SD card with various windows based astronomy programs on it with a piece of red rubylith over the screen which protects my eyes from blue light and also keeps me dark adapted. 

I might also add that I have all programs including ST3 on my 128 GB SD card and they run flawlessly.

Edited by Kyphoron, 02 September 2019 - 11:07 PM.

• brentknight likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics