•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Replacement Handle for 1968 Leather Case?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jragsdale

jragsdale

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Idaho

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:34 PM

Mine is dried up and shredded, not even usable. I need to find a replacement. Functional first, but identical color and form would be even better. Anyone have any sources?

#2 Optics Patent

Optics Patent

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Dallas TX

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:29 PM

A very good leather shop should be able to make one.

#3 LKSM12

LKSM12

Lift Off

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:55 PM

Don't forget Saddlery, tack shops and any place that might make custom holsters for guns. I know there's many fine leather shops in New York City I'm sure that's the situation in other large cities in the US as well.

#4 Optics Patent

Optics Patent

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Dallas TX

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:27 PM

Dallas has one good shop that has worked on several of the more distressed cases I’ve come across. When they aren’t repairing the $1000 shoes and $5000 handbags of society ladies.

#5 RMay

RMay

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: NorCal

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:44 AM

To reinforce what Ben wrote above, several years ago I had to have the leather arm rest for a vintage Eames Lounge chair that I had just purchased repaired, and not knowing who to call, I contacted Gucci and Cartier in San Francisco and asked who they used for their leather repairs. I was directed to a small shop nearby and they did a fantastic job.

There may be more creative but equally successful options and alternatives for you to pursue...

Ron

Edited by RMay, 15 August 2019 - 10:45 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics