•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Backlash Settings for Vixen Sphinx SXW

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Paul J

Paul J

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Lanarkshire Scotland

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:43 AM

Hi there I’ve never really bothered with the backlash settings on my SXW, however, with aspirations of moving from a purely visual setup to EAA, I will likely be experimenting with these. All you SXW users, what are your experiences with the backlash facility? What do you find is the optimal setting?

Edited by Paul J, 14 August 2019 - 07:55 AM.

#2 Nippon

Nippon

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Central Florida

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:28 PM

I'm just visual but if your talking about backlash compensation I find a value of 30 to be about right. You still have to wait a bit for it to pick up the slack from a direction change but it does not get jumpy like it can with higher settings. Once you find what you like don't forget to save settings or it will go back to where it was every time you shut down and power up again.

Don't forget that it will save all current settings so if you have the display turned up for day use and save the backlash settings it will save the display setting too.

Edited by Nippon, 15 August 2019 - 02:40 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics