•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New Free Edition of Remote Astrophotography Using Slooh.com - A Handbook

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Erikwest

Erikwest

Lift Off

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Toronto, Canada

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:20 AM

I released a new edition of my book about remote imaging and made it completely free. The book is called “Remote Astrophotography Using Slooh.com - A Handbook – 2nd Edition”.

The reason for the new edition is that Slooh.com has made major changes to the interface, their communities, added guides and quests and made many other changes. I updated about half the book with new screenshots and workflows, and added new sections to make learning about Slooh.com easier, including a Quick Start guide. The other parts of the book discuss image processing using FitsWork 4 and GIMP as well as discuss things like photometry and image processing using AstroImageJ, and exoplanet hunting using the MicroObservatory service (all software and services discussed are free to use [except Slooh.com of course]).

Slooh.com is a remote telescope service that offers its members the use of eight telescopes in two hemispheres. It’s a great way to adding to the number of observing nights because their telescopes are located at dark sites with good weather, so reservations run pretty reliably.

Here’s the link to the companion website where you can download the book (I do ask for your email address so that I can update you when a revision becomes available since more changes at Slooh.com are forthcoming):

http://RemoteAstrophotography.com

Here’s a link to the forum post I made back in February when the book was initially released on Amazon:
https://www.cloudyni...com-a-handbook/

I developed this book on my own and have no affiliation with Slooh.com other than being a satisfied customer.

Thanks -Erik

• OleCuss likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics