•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Dovetail mounting Instructions onto the OTA Tube Ring

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ravi.krkl

ravi.krkl

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:44 AM

I recently purchased Orion 8 Inch F3.9 Astrograph. Got a 13 Inch dovetail mounting bar along with the shipment. However manual doesn't have any  instructions to attach dovetail mounting bar onto telescope tube rings. Can someone point me to any link which can help me here? I am bit worried to experiment myself which can jeopardise my OTA when I mount it on the EQ mount. Small mistake might be fatal. Appreciate your help here. 

#2 macdonjh

macdonjh

Skylab

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:11 PM

Your dovetail bar should have been shipped with some short screws.  Remove the OTA rings from your scope.  Position the rings (one at a time) such that the hole in the bottom of the ring is in line with one of the holes in the dove tail bar.  Install a screw, that will secure the ring to the dove tail bar.  Repeat for the other ring.  Reinstall your scope in the rings.  You are all set.

[edit] OK, the Orion website says the mounting screws are included with your OTA rings, not the dovetail bar...  

Edited by macdonjh, 14 August 2019 - 01:20 PM.

• ravi.krkl likes this

#3 ravi.krkl

ravi.krkl

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for the help. I had to struggle a bit but managed to do it by following your suggestion. Somehow may be some design limitations, had tough time in tightening the screws.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics