•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NINA flats input

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JamesRC

JamesRC

Sputnik

• topic starter
  • Loc: Rochester. NY

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:04 PM

Hi,

Where are the billions of people who discuss Nighttime Imaging 'N' Astronomy?

I'm learning how to use NINA. Looks darned good! Hard to find answers to questions, though, besides, it's new and changing pretty fast.

Anyway - How do  you control the number of flats to take? The menu that lists this option does not have any text boxes where you can input values. This seems to be a change over what the latest docs cover!

What have I missed? Anybody happen to know?

James

#2 davidparks

davidparks

Viking 1

• Loc: Battle Creek, MI - USA

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:08 PM

Big thread here, and try the N.I.N.A. website and Discord.

#3 Dereksc

Dereksc

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Santa Cruz, CA

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:25 PM

Hello James,

I used the Flat Wizard in NINA 1.9 Beta008 yesterday. The 1st item directly below where it says "Flay Wizard" allows you to change the number of Flats to take. 

The wizard worked very well, I also took care of my Dark Flats at the same time.

Regards

Derek

#4 JamesRC

JamesRC

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:02 PM

Thank you, David and Derek both :-)

I need the updated version I see. I'm off to get it!

James

#5 Rocket_Stars

Rocket_Stars

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:24 PM

Hi,

Where are the billions of people who discuss Nighttime Imaging 'N' Astronomy?

I'm learning how to use NINA. Looks darned good! Hard to find answers to questions, though, besides, it's new and changing pretty fast.

Anyway - How do  you control the number of flats to take? The menu that lists this option does not have any text boxes where you can input values. This seems to be a change over what the latest docs cover!

What have I missed? Anybody happen to know?

James

Hi was also searching for a dedicated NINA forum. As new in too AP. I need good advice sometimes. smile.gif

I do like the NINA layout. Fairly clear, and docent look like a programmer, that have forgotten UI and style.  Maby no wrong with that. But I think more developers should have the enduser way up higher in the priority list.(Even freeware, and other programs, than for AP)  And nobody is a AP wizard from the start. Steep lerningcurve, yes. But still, many setups could be way clearer and have way better manuals that have better explanations, and directions for newer users. 

Thats the way to get more customers. When in to a program suit, it takes some effort to get someone to make a shift to learn something new.. Humans is fairly lazy. smile.gif

Edited by Rocket_Stars, 14 August 2019 - 03:25 PM.

#6 JamesRC

JamesRC

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:23 AM

FACTOID re flats count

Hi people,

I previously said I couldn't find how to modify the flats count in NINA. The labels were there but there was no text box to input numbers.

I upgraded NINA to the newest beta and the problem is  still there. BUT I noticed that, between the "+" and "-" boxes, there is a tiny text entry box mostly covered over by the latter boxes. The cursor becomes a text entry I-beam when it's exactly between those boxes. This is where the text box is, almost invisible. Double-click there to select whatever number you may have there (you can't see it in the narrow space), hit delete, and type in the number of flats you want.

Tiny little software error.

James

• Dereksc likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics