•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Field Rotation Boston Document?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 S.Boerner

S.Boerner

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Chesterfield, MO

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:41 PM

Prompted by a question on another forum, I remembered a really good pdf on field rotation.  I can no longer find the article and don't remember the author's name.  All I can remember is that "Field Rotation" was in the title as was Boston, the home of the author.

The article went into the math behind it and discussed how long exposures could be in different parts of the sky before star trailing became a problem.

Please respond if anyone remembers the article, knows (or can find) the URL, or has a copy.

I sure would like to read it again!

TIA

#2 ButterFly

ButterFly

Ranger 4

Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:04 PM

No Boston in the title, but the author is likely from Boston as most of the charts are for Boston as an example.

Field Rotation in Altitude over Azimuth Mounts and Its Effect on CCD Imaging – What is the Maximum Exposure? by Bill Keicher (who is probably from Boston)

• S.Boerner and BFaucett like this

#3 S.Boerner

S.Boerner

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Chesterfield, MO

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:59 PM

That's it!!  As soon as I saw his last name I knew.

Thank you very much for finding it.

• BFaucett likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics