•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

The Planets: Ice Worlds on Nova Tonight

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Mitsky

Dave Mitsky

ISS

• Moderators
  • topic starter
  • Loc: PA, USA, Planet Earth

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:45 PM

Nova Season 46 Episode 16 The Planets: Ice Worlds

PBS

9:00 - 10:00 p.m. EDT and 2:00 - 3:00 a.m. EDT

(8/14) Uranus and Neptune's unexpected rings, supersonic winds and dozens of moons; an up-close view of Pluto before exploring the Kuiper belt.

https://www.pbs.org/...ets-ice-worlds/

• George N, James S. and PirateMike like this

#2 Sleep Deprived

Sleep Deprived

Vostok 1

• Loc: Seattle Area

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:33 PM

Looking forward to this one!  I am recording this instead of Big Brother!!  I MUST think this is special.  Can't wait to get off of work to see it.

#3 John Miele

John Miele

Soyuz

• Loc: North Alabama

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:48 PM

Hey...immediately afterward is an epsiode about the invention of the telescope!

#4 Dave Mitsky

Dave Mitsky

ISS

• Moderators
  • topic starter
  • Loc: PA, USA, Planet Earth

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:57 PM

A rerun of the season 46 episode 1 of Nova titled Pluto and Beyond, an excellent program on the New Horizons probe, preceded the new episode and will be rebroadcast at 1:00 a.m. EDT.

(1/2) New Horizons prepares to fly by an object known as MU69 on Jan. 1, 2019, which is expected to be the most distant flyby in NASA's history.

• George N and Knasal like this

#5 Knasal

Knasal

Apollo

• Loc: Wisconsin, USA

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:48 PM

A rerun of the season 46 episode 1 of Nova titled Pluto and Beyond, an excellent program on the New Horizons probe, preceded the new episode and will be rebroadcast at 1:00 a.m. EDT.

(1/2) New Horizons prepares to fly by an object known as MU69 on Jan. 1, 2019, which is expected to be the most distant flyby in NASA's history.

I thought it was funny when they showed a Sky Watcher Dob with what appeared to be a CCD or imaging camera attached to it to get the occultation image of MU69.

Everything on a shoestring budget? Man, I think some of our forum’s imagers woulda gladly helped.

Just like the 2 guys with a truck, some plywood, a tarp and a battery powered light stepped up to block the wind. Hilarious!! 

Kevin lol.gif

#6 James S.

James S.

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: San Antonio, Texas

Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:39 PM

Nova Season 46 Episode 16 The Planets: Ice Worlds

PBS

9:00 - 10:00 p.m. EDT and 2:00 - 3:00 a.m. EDT

(8/14) Uranus and Neptune's unexpected rings, supersonic winds and dozens of moons; an up-close view of Pluto before exploring the Kuiper belt.

https://www.pbs.org/...ets-ice-worlds/

This was the best episode yet, but then again, Uranus, Neptune,and Pluto are the three planets I have a huge interest in.

• Sleep Deprived likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics