•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

M13

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GoBlue

GoBlue

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:34 AM

I dig clusters...

ES ed 80 triplet  f/6 - 480mm fl.

Full spectrum modified T3i w/ IDAS LPS D1.

AVX.

51 x 120.

ISO 800.

Peace.

Attached Thumbnails

• m13-1.jpg

• mikewayne3, eros312, elmiko and 5 others like this

#2 Alen K

Alen K

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:17 AM

Always nice to see. What kind of skies do you have? I have to presume from your use of an IDAS LPS and also from the long total integration time of the image that they are not so good. I have come to realize that the best LP filter I own is the fuel filter in my car. Driving in my case just 45 minutes gets me out of the city where I can barely see the Milky Way at zenith, to mag 21 skies. The image below was taken in even better skies. It has coincidently about the same reach as yours wrt limiting magnitude yet it was a mere 9 minutes without a filter. (I also used a 6-inch f/5 telescope, so that helped too!)

gallery_96203_4345_96770.jpg

#3 GoBlue

GoBlue

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:45 PM

I’m bordering a bortle 4 to the west and 5 to the east. I like the colors the IDAS produce. The integration time and everything else for that matter, is nothing more than a inexperienced imager experimenting. Thanks.

#4 Alen K

Alen K

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:06 PM

I’m bordering a bortle 4 to the west and 5 to the east. I like the colors the IDAS produce. The integration time and everything else for that matter, is nothing more than a inexperienced imager experimenting. Thanks.

Then perhaps there is more in your image that can be pulled out with processing.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics