•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Trails from the Terrace

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bmike-vt

bmike-vt

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Vermont

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:43 AM

Playing with star trails and light polluted skies from the terrace. I'm looking to the north, right towards Zürich, Switzerland. The lake is out of frame (along with the neighbour's house and town...)

The moon just set behind the ridge to my left (although it was still lighting the sky), and we now live in a metro area with 1.4 million people - so I haven't gotten out much under the stars. I also set the 6dMk2 to record M sized RAW files, something I hadn't done before, in order to save some time stacking and processing for this test.

This does give me hope that if I get a bit out of town and into the mountains I might be able to dust off my tracker and get back into astro-landscape work.

48493398711_cf0f8bd511_c.jpgPut the Needle on the Record by Mike, on Flickr

Edited by bmike-vt, 15 August 2019 - 08:50 AM.

• Starman27 and Teddythefinger like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics