•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Registax 6.1.0.8 wavelet pattern "issue"

imaging Maksutov moon planetarium software
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Euripides

Euripides

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Greece

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:24 PM

Greetings!

I've just jumped into the field and purchase my first tube (Mak90) to be able to capture better moon shots - until now I was shooting with my DSLR and 55-250mm Canon + X1.4 converter (560mm total).

My combo is PIPP, Autostakkert and finally Registax to apply wavelet. Until today I had no issues. I've already completed successfully this with a video file from my DSLR. But as you can imagine I want to go even closer, so I have to go with the still shots.

My Canon 77D produces 6000x4000. My Autostakkert export is a TIFF file, 3600x3600. Registax loads it with no issue but when I am trying to apply my wavelet I have this result.

Any ideas? 

Attached Thumbnails

• registaxglich.jpg

#2 StrStrck

StrStrck

Viking 1

• Loc: Denmark

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:51 PM

I’ve not figured out exactly what all these sliders do, but do one at a time, increase more and more, and observe if any of that pixelation or graining occurs. I tend to see grainy picture when sharpening too much.

Edit: oh, and hi and welcome to CN! (My mannerssmirk.gif )

Edited by StrStrck, 15 August 2019 - 02:54 PM.

#3 sg6

sg6

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Norfolk, UK.

Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:08 PM

Apologies but I am somewhat unsure what you are doing and/or have done and so what the problem is.

How long was the video, how many or what percentage of frames were stacked.

You need to discard the poor frames and most will be poor.

What I see/read is something is wrong and a bit of the moon is circled.

For the wavelets the best is: Play.

Sorry but I have read more then one "standard" method of use:

1: Move first and last all the way over to the right, leave the rest on the Left.

2: Move all to the middle and that's it.

3: Move each progressively move to the right as you go along.

Each has been given as "The way to do it"

#4 freddie

freddie

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 16 August 2019 - 11:54 AM

You say that you are using still shots rather than a video so I assume the picture you are sharpening is made from a small number of frames stacked in AS. If this is correct, what you are seeing in the rapid on set of noise due to sharpening a small number of stacked images compared to what you would have seen from a stack generated from a video when I assume you would have stacked a much greater number of frames.

#5 Euripides

Euripides

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Greece

Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:18 PM

@StrStrck Thank you! Good to see you all! :-)

@sg6 This is the final stacked TIFF from 30 still shots through Autostakkert 2.

@freddie This is not noise or something else, cause as I can understand now, it seems to be a software glitch cause of the dimensions. Until now I was working with TIFFs no more than 2000px. I can say that because when I am exporting the image (3600x3600) there is no pattern.

• StrStrck likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: imaging, Maksutov, moon, planetarium software

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics