So I’m going to outline what I did and what is going wrong with each...
1. I polar align with the polar scope, around this time Polaris is around 10 o’clock position (iOptron style polar scope). So I align it to the best of ability.
2. I lock
DEC and RA ALT/AZ control knobs as tight as I possibly could.
3. I do 2 star alignment. Vega, wayyyyyy off in both axis (RA and DEC), I can’t even find it on my camera.
4. So I thought my polar alignment is off. I return the mount to home position, check the polar scope, Polaris magically moved to 930 position and way in to the circle.
5. I repeat the polar alignment process, making sure the ALT/AZ axis can’t move
6. 2 star alignment again, still the same,
Polaris Vega wayyyyyyy off.
7. Check polar alignment, Polaris moved to a totally different position again.
8. I check settings. Location and time are all corrects
Like I know Polaris should move over time, but it shouldn’t move 10+ degrees and not even moving along the circle in not even a minute right? What in the hell is going on????
Edited by krenyi, 15 August 2019 - 10:58 PM.