•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help Finding an adapter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BobW55

BobW55

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Melvin, Michigan (Sanilac County)

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:25 AM

Scope = ES ED102mm FDC 100  with 2.5" focuser

Focal Reducer = Stellarvue 0.8X for 2.5" focuser (SFFR102-25)

I am trying to adapt the above FR to my Explore scientific scope.

Non of the adapters supplied by Stellarvue or ES will allow me 100% screw connections, I end up using a 2" EP clamp ring.

Here is the FR fitted to my camera

NFR1

The adapter supplied by Stellarvue screws right on to the FR.
NFR2

But the above adapter is about 1-2mm too small in diameter to screw into the focuser or the draw tube extensions.

NFR3

Can anyone suggest the adapter plate I need in Photo #2 so I can just screw this in place and not use the clamp ring?

#2 rgsalinger

rgsalinger

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • Loc: Carlsbad Ca

Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:49 PM

Measure carefully with calipers to see what you actually need. Then look up Agena Astro and see if they have something. If that doesn't work then the expensive alternative is Precise Parts or give the scope vendor a call and see if they have any ideas. I'm not a fan of using a reducer or flattener intended for one telescope on another. I'd check with SV and see what they say about that idea as well (and they might sell adapters).

Rgrds-Ross

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics