•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Focuser blues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tiny68

tiny68

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:50 AM

I have recently added a micro touch autofocuser to my C14/Hyperstar/Atik 360 ex osc setup.  Leaned how to do the vcurves.  Had everything going good.  Most curves used 30-31/31 points with doing the fit on vcurve.  So I add my new optolong l-enhance filter with a fairly 3/4 moon near by.  I am now getting 15-17 points in my vcurves at best.  When it does the fine tune focus it bails with “star too bright” message.   Any suggestions.?  Because of mirror flop with the C14 I am trying minimize movement between focusing and data collection.  FYI I am running FocusMax to focus.  

thanks, Tim 

wasnt sure if if this fit under equipment so if as necessary.   Tim

#2 elmiko

elmiko

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Arizona

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:28 AM

Tim, I have been reading about how the L-eNhance filter does not work with the Hyperstar system. Has something to do with the bandpass of the filter and focal length of the Hyperstar.

Mike

#3 tiny68

tiny68

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 August 2019 - 01:41 PM

My data certainly disagrees with that. The L-Enhance and hyper star with a Osc work very together on my setup. I have done some imaging under the bright moon in the last week that I couldn’t have done at all without the filter.
  • elmiko likes this

#4 elmiko

elmiko

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Arizona

Posted 18 August 2019 - 01:49 PM

Glad to hear that tiny68. I thought I had read that someone had said that this past week on one of the forums. I'm glad it is not true. Maybe you could be of some help to the OP.

Mike

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics