Jump to content

  •  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Finally - Success with my Nexstar+ SLT!

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chicagorandy

chicagorandy

    Explorer 1

  • -----
  • topic starter
  • Posts: 52
  • Joined: 12 Jun 2019
  • Loc: Chicago, IL USA

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:33 AM

Just wanted to share - we at long last had a wonderful viewing session - slightly clouded, VERY humid (so I bought a nice dew shield an hour ago for next time) and the GOTO mount functioned perfectly.

 

Solar system align? - NO issues - GOTO Jupiter and Saturn? Easy-Peasey. GOTO named stars? You betcha. Sky Tour working? Yes indeed!

 

It's amazing how IF you finally tell the mount that it is in Glenview, IL and NOT in N/W China? Alignments and GOTOs work a treat. Rather a big difference putting in the correct WEST Longitude rather than MY many previous attempts to align when I was wrongly telling it EAST. LOL

 

When I say it was humid this evening, I mean the scope was literally 'damp' and needless to say the front lens looked like a shower door by the time we brought everything back indoors at about 9:30pm. The new 'store-bought' dew shield will arrive early next week to help remedy the issue.

 

But a really gratifying exploration of the heavens was had by all. Nice to achieve tracking as intended by the telescope makers. Life is good.


  • mclewis1 and Dynan like this

#2 skaiser

skaiser

    Viking 1

  • -----
  • Posts: 572
  • Joined: 16 Oct 2010
  • Loc: dallas Texas

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:55 AM

Enjoy your nice weather.

here in Dallas, it’s 90+ at midnight shocked.gif

so scope is dry but you are wet...



#3 Jay6821

Jay6821

    Lift Off

  • -----
  • Posts: 20
  • Joined: 28 May 2019
  • Loc: Kalamazoo Michigan

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:06 PM

It's amazing how IF you finally tell the mount that it is in Glenview, IL and NOT in N/W China? Alignments and GOTOs work a treat. Rather a big difference putting in the correct WEST Longitude rather than MY many previous attempts to align when I was wrongly telling it EAST. LOL

 

 

Thanks for admitting this. As a newbie, I've discovered that 80% of my problems are due to "operator error."  I would blame the other 20% on poorly written, or even nonexistent, documentation from the manufacturer.



#4 mikenoname

mikenoname

    Viking 1

  • *****
  • Posts: 516
  • Joined: 29 Jan 2015
  • Loc: Death Valley Region (Bortle 2 - SQM 21.9+)

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:23 PM

For me it's more like 95%. blush.gif




CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.


Recent Topics






Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics