•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Hadley Rille, Palus Puteridnus, that sort of area.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 doolsduck

doolsduck

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 August 2019 - 10:28 PM

Around the past Full Moon I recorded some 4K iphoneSE video and stacked it.  Then processed the image to make a 'mineral Moon' shot.  This is the best one I've managed to do and it brought out interesting features.  I'd love to hear from anybody who sees anything interesting in it (although I had to reduce size and quality to fit it on the forum) that I should look for, but I want to know if anyone can shed light on the sinuous feature that looks like it runs down to Archimedes crater.  Is it a lava flow?  The colour is quite a bit different to the surrounding areas, except it matches a patch on the other side of the Apennines, in an area I think called Montes Haemus, could they be related?  Any info greatly appreciated!

thank you

Attached Thumbnails

• mineralmoon - 1.jpg
  • mineralmoon1 - 1.jpg

Edited by doolsduck, 18 August 2019 - 10:29 PM.

• Kenny V., John_Moore, lbim and 1 other like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics