•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Table of Prairie Astronomy Club's Filter Performance Comparisons For Some Common Nebulae

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jffielde

jffielde

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 August 2019 - 10:33 PM

This understandably seems to be a go-to list of what filters are best for particular nebulae.  But the formatting doesn't make it very portable for the field.  Has anyone turned this information into a small spreadsheet?  If not, I'm happy to do the work and share it here, but it seems like someone must have done it already.  I'd like to take it as a one-pager into the field with me.  Thanks.

https://www.prairiea...common-nebulae/

• PirateMike likes this

#2 stoest

stoest

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 18 August 2019 - 10:55 PM

I converted the list to Excel a while ago and here it is.

Attached Files

• bmurphy495, PirateMike and jffielde like this

#3 nof

nof

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Israel

Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:10 PM

Thanks! Appreciate the effort

#4 jffielde

jffielde

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:16 PM

Thank you, Mariner 2.

#5 jffielde

jffielde

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:41 PM

I am attaching two versions of the table that I've tweaked for my use, in case they are helpful.  I prefer the "brief" version for my field use, either in hardcopy or on my phone.  Please note that all of the information is included in the four "filter" columns of both spreadsheets -- I've just narrowed the columns, so I only see the ratings.  I am attaching both versionshere, in case they are useful to anyone else.  Thanks.

Attached Files

#6 Starman1

Starman1

Vendor (EyepiecesEtc.com)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:38 PM

This understandably seems to be a go-to list of what filters are best for particular nebulae.  But the formatting doesn't make it very portable for the field.  Has anyone turned this information into a small spreadsheet?  If not, I'm happy to do the work and share it here, but it seems like someone must have done it already.  I'd like to take it as a one-pager into the field with me.  Thanks.

https://www.prairiea...common-nebulae/

Try this:

Attached Files

• jffielde likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics