•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

494 hand unit not working right

Meade
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 masonbiker

masonbiker

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:11 PM

the unit works ok for a while then after it stops any ideas HELP

#2 sg6

sg6

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Norfolk, UK.

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:04 AM

What is the power source, and what happens if you delicately wiggle the connector at the mount?

If not already ask if the mount will operate at 12 volts. My #494 is a lot happier at 12v then 9v - ETX70.

It kind of reads that there are connection problems - well maybe, depends if it comes back on after checking the connection.

#3 iwannabswiss

iwannabswiss

Viking 1

• Loc: Charleston SC

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:21 AM

Hi Mason, welcome to the forum.

Could you provide more information to help us potentially have a better understanding of your issue?  When you say it stops what are you referring to?  Is the handset blank and the mount won't operate or just the screen blank?  When is a while?  What are you doing when it stops?

#4 masonbiker

masonbiker

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:56 PM

the hand set shuts down. nothing happens but today I noticed that one side of the hand control was unglued. I reglue it with super glue and clamped it with tape til it dries I hope that takes care of some of my issuses. I use 8AA batteries to give me 12v the batteries are new Duracell optimum alkaline

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Meade

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics