•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

PHD with ZWO ASI Mini 120

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 archer1960

archer1960

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: Southern New England

Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:06 PM

I am having trouble with PHD and my ASI Mini 120. The problem is that I can't get a real image to show in PHD. All I get is a screen full of noise and jagged vertical lines, no matter what I do with exposure, gamma or gain.

The same camera works fine with SharpCap and ASICAP, so I don't think it's the camera itself. I also just installed tried MetaGuide (which I had never tried before), and it shows a good image too.

I updated all the drivers (native and ASCOM), and nothing changed. Any idea what I should try? I like PHD, and have had good luck with it in the past, but when I got the new guide camera, I've seen this issue about 90% of the time.

Suggestions?

• elmiko likes this

#2 elmiko

elmiko

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Arizona

Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:25 PM

Have you done a dark frame library in Phd2? Really easy to do it will talk you through it. I had the same thing happen to me when I first started using Phd2 . Give it a try.

Mike

• Aaron_tragle likes this

#3 jerahian

jerahian

Viking 1

• Loc: Maine

Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:58 PM

Hmm, I feel like I've come across this before.  If you haven't already, try switching from one driver to the other (i.e. native to ASCOM or vice versa, depending on which you are currently trying with).  Also, make sure you have MONO8 selected as the Image Type in the driver settings.

#4 archer1960

archer1960

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:29 AM

Have you done a dark frame library in Phd2? Really easy to do it will talk you through it. I had the same thing happen to me when I first started using Phd2 . Give it a try.

Mike

Yes, I've tried it both with and without a dark library. I've run into strange things with the darks before.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• elmiko likes this

#5 archer1960

archer1960

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:30 AM

Hmm, I feel like I've come across this before.  If you haven't already, try switching from one driver to the other (i.e. native to ASCOM or vice versa, depending on which you are currently trying with).  Also, make sure you have MONO8 selected as the Image Type in the driver settings.

I'll give that a try; thanks!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics