•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

GradientMergeMosaic height error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Timmcq1

Timmcq1

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:03 PM

I'm learning to do mosaics in Pixinsight right now, and have a 4 panel image of M31. I made a rough mosaic in Star Alignment which I then separated so I have four images with blank space. When I try to run GMM with those files I get an error saying that current image height differs from first image height. When I go to check the sizes of all four images they are exactly the same. Does anyone have a solution to this?

#2 pfile

pfile

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:24 PM

well its hard to debug this without seeing the input images, but one way around all of this is to solve your 4 masters using ImageSolver and then save them to disk and put them into MosaicByCoordinates... then take the frames output by MBC and put them into GradientsMergeMosaic.

rob

#3 AtmosFearIC

AtmosFearIC

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Melbourne

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:23 AM

I'm learning to do mosaics in Pixinsight right now, and have a 4 panel image of M31. I made a rough mosaic in Star Alignment which I then separated so I have four images with blank space. When I try to run GMM with those files I get an error saying that current image height differs from first image height. When I go to check the sizes of all four images they are exactly the same. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Do all four images have exactly the same dimensions? Let's say you have 4 3000x3000 images with 15% overlap. All four images would be something like 5600x5600 and 75% of them would be black.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics