•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Compatibility of Orion Astroview Single-Axis Drive with CG4

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ngc6352

ngc6352

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Boise, Idaho

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:32 PM

Does anyone know if the single-axis drive for the Orion version of the EQ3 is compatible with the Celestron CG-4?

I know it will "fit", but is the drive rate OK (worm wheel teeth/size)?  I can't get an answer out of Orion and Celestron's

"Live Chat" takes you to the "Submit a Ticket" page.  I don't really want to buy one and send it back, paying a $10 fee

if it doesn't work.  I have a dual axis but it looks like a 5th grade science project that will very likely break (quickly) in use.

#2 fcathell

fcathell

Apollo

• Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:52 PM

These mounts come from the same manufacturer I'm pretty sure, so if the Orion drive motor bracket fits the CG4 mounting hole, I would say yes. I have the old Astroview mount and I had an old Celestron version of this mount, but I'm not sure if Celestron labeled it a CG3 or CG4.  In any case the RA drive worked fine on both.

Frank

#3 tmaestro

tmaestro

Messenger

• Loc: West of Houston, Texas

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:51 AM

I have Celestron CG4 dual axis motors on my Orion EQ3 and it works great, they are the same in different colors.

Edited by tmaestro, 23 August 2019 - 07:51 AM.

#4 malachirebekah

malachirebekah

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:21 PM

I have the Orion EQ3 single axis drive mounted on my CG4, and it tracks perfectly.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics