•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CPC-1100 Collimation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 dallen24

dallen24

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:23 PM

Hi.  Hope someone here could help.  Our club has a CPC-1100.  Was sitting in the box for 5 years, we've been using it for the last 3 years.  The back of the secondary plate says fastar compatible.  We've never tried to collimate it before.  Turning the inside plate quarter turn exposes the collimating Phillip screws.  All three screws are clockwise tight.  The entire secondary cap seems loose, however.  If I wiggle it I can see the secondary mirror move around.  Is that suppose to be that way?  I'm glad I didn't follow the manual and try to pop the cap with a flat-head screw driver.  I don't want to try any adjustments until I find out how the secondary is held down and how to properly adjust it.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

P.S.  Just out of curiosity.  How would you use that faster cap to mount a camera?

#2 Ken Sturrock

Ken Sturrock

Cardinal Ximénez - NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

• Administrators
  • Loc: Denver, CO

Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:28 PM

If anyone has advice for the original poster, please post your ideas in the duplicate thread posted here. Thanks.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics