•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

question about the evolution mount

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 donald41

donald41

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: bartlesville oklahoma

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:18 AM

does the evolution mount have the same alignment setup as the se mount. setting the time, date, location. etc, two star, two star auto. i have the se mount and it would be nice if i were to purchase the 9.25 version and would not have to learn a new alignment system. sounds like i am lazy well! at my age you kind of get that way ha, ha, thanks, don

#2 junomike

junomike

Hubble

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:36 AM

AFAIK all newer Celestron Nexstar Alt/Az use the same Alignment procedure.

#3 1983cowboy

1983cowboy

Vostok 1

• Loc: North Carolina

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:37 AM

Hi Don,

I think the Nexstar system is very similar from mount to mount.

As I remember, when I changed from my old Nexstar 11 GPS to my current Evolution mount, there were some minor differences - but nothing drastic. If you have concerns, you can download the Evolution manual (https://www.celestro...m/pages/manuals) and see how it stacks up.

I'd also recommend checking out Michael Swanson's Nexstar resource site (https://www.nexstarsite.com/) It's awesome.

#4 Spacefreak1974

Spacefreak1974

Skylab

• Loc: Indianapolis, IN

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:11 PM

Yes. Someone did say that the latest software update doesn't require you to hit the back button when the time is displayed to enter the GPS coordinates and that its now in series for the setup

#5 descott12

descott12

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Charlotte, NC

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:12 PM

Yes, the same or very similar. The great thing about the Evo mount is the WiFi so you can you can use Sky Portal/Safari. Doing the alignment with the app is SO much nicer/faster than with the hand controller.

• NMBob likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics