•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

nFOCUS -- The Little Engine that Could !

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rigelsys

rigelsys

Vendor (Rigel Systems)

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:59 PM

Hello Gentlefolks,  here's the story of 

Have a repeat customer acquire a TAK-TSA 120.  He sent it in to for me add a bracket & gear kit for his nFOCUS and DC motor.  Well when I got it, the 10x speed reducer had some issues,  the 8mm shafts were undersized (< 7.9 mm), the rack adjustment was loose, I suspect the shaft may have been slightly bent, really stiff — really, really stiff -- needs a new lube job and “adjustment".

I installed the appropriate bracket kit for this version of the TAK focuser (I've encountered 5+ different TAK focusers, now, for essentially the same type of scope!), sized for the undersized 8mm focuser shaft, removed the 10x knob as with the nFOCUS it isn't needed, tuned up the rack adjustment, and voila, within minutes the nFOCUS lifting 9 pounds without slipping! 

Attached is a still from the video :-) I must admit, I impressed the hell out of myself!  

Attached Thumbnails

• The Little Engine that Could.jpeg
  • nFOCUS the little engine that could.jpg

Edited by rigelsys, 23 August 2019 - 01:02 PM.

• psandelle and OleCuss like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics