•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Joshua Tree Night Sky Festival!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dave_L

Dave_L

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Joshua Tree, CA

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:04 PM

Event: Joshua Tree Night Sky Festival

Date: September 21, 2019

The event takes place at Sky's the Limit Observatory and Nature Center which is right on the border of Joshua Tree National Park, The event involves more than 20 telescopes, free astronomy lectures, constellation tours, native american "stories in the stars" and more. Lectures include Ashley Pipkin (National Park Service), Keri Bean (JPL/NASA), and Dean Regas (Cincinnati Observatory). The lectures are free however the Saturday night star party is a ticketed event and sells out every year. 

Details: www.nightskyfestival.org

• Geo31 likes this

#2 Geo31

Geo31

Voyager 1

• Loc: Willis, TX

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:02 PM

Hey, best of luck to y'all.  Wish I could make it.

I attended the Texas Night Sky Festival this year.  It was fantastic.  I made a lot of connections with other dark sky advocates there.

Please do a write up of it afterwards.

#3 Dave_L

Dave_L

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Joshua Tree, CA

Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:55 PM

Thanks Geo! I wish you could make it out too! It's an annual event, so look for it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics