•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter w/Oval BA at Zenith 2019-08-24

dslr Maksutov planet astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BQ Octantis

BQ Octantis

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Outback NT, Australia

Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:05 AM

G'day all,

I should start out with an homage to Australian bush dance. The seeing last night was predicted to be the best of the week, but my wife insisted on dragging me to a local bush dance. Not that I should complain—she and I grew up going to barn dances in Texas, so I felt right at home. I relished at seeing so many young people (including my older son) enjoying such an old tradition…and I couldn't help but marvel at how the do-si-do crosses so many centuries, cultures and continents!

So we'll have to make do with tonight's best-of, a brief interval of 1025 good frames in otherwise mediocre seeing:

005_5.93ppAd.jpg

Jupiter w/Oval BA 10:02 UTC

Skywatcher 180 Mak-Cass

Fujiyama 12.5mm orthoscopic

Canon T3i, 1025 frames

Cheers,

BQ

Edited by BQ Octantis, 24 August 2019 - 07:00 AM.

• Sunspot, Kenny V., eros312 and 8 others like this

#2 stargazer60

stargazer60

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: South Texas

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:02 AM

As you say  mediocre seeing, but this still is a beautiful image. The colors are very nice and the banding is very prominent keep up the great work! bow.gif waytogo.gif 

#3 BQ Octantis

BQ Octantis

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Outback NT, Australia

Posted 24 August 2019 - 05:40 PM

As you say  mediocre seeing, but this still is a beautiful image. The colors are very nice and the banding is very prominent keep up the great work! bow.gif waytogo.gif

Thanks for the kind words, mate…and thanks to all for the likes!

Processing this was way easier than Stripping the Willow

BQ

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dslr, Maksutov, planet, astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics