•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

OIII Narrowband Imaging?

astrophotography imaging refractor dslr
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Naraya

Naraya

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Jakarta, Indonesia

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:23 AM

Hey guys, i want to know if it is worth it getting an OIII filter from Svbony for DSLR astrophotography purposes. I haven't really seen any topics surrounding this and I might pull the trigger if it brings great results, (will also be useful visually in a future europe trip)

I know im supposed to pair this with an H-alpha filter but i'm not sure if they are worth twice the cost, especially when the svbony OIII filter hits both blue and green channels in my case.

(Note: I've already heard you aren't supposed to do narrowband imaging with a color camera, but recent videos from Astrobackyard have convinced me otherwise)

Edited by Naraya, 25 August 2019 - 09:24 AM.

#2 PirateMike

PirateMike

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: A Green Dot On A Blue Sea

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:59 AM

Start with Ha and see how that works for you. O3 may not give you much signal in most instances, especially when using a color camera.

My latest published (mono camera) Ha image...

NGC-2244-C2 px910.jpg

Miguel   8-)

• jcastarz likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, imaging, refractor, dslr

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics