•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ioptron Ipolar Aligned Perfect then what?

mount equipment astrophotography EAA
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michaeljhogan

Michaeljhogan

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:37 AM

I aligned it very easy last night was a bit cloudy then cleared up do i do a one star alignment or two star after it

i set find zero position first always UTC was set to +60 date time everything i have a baader polaris illuminated

recticle to make sure one or two star alignment is pinpoint.

Attached Thumbnails

• post-163949-0-16208200-1563122104_thumb.jpg

#2 OldManSky

OldManSky

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:22 PM

Yes, after doing polar alignment, goto zero position, then do a star alignment.

A one-star alignment will work for most viewing.  A two-star alignment will better model any remaining polar alignment error in your mount.  A 3-star alignment will also correct for cone error and give you the best results all across the sky.

#3 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Aurora

• Loc: Eeklo,Belgium

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:43 AM

Does the Zero position not to be set after every polar alignment? Unless the mount is permanently set up?

I am testing this out now.

On two occasions I worked it this way

Polar align - be sure Polaris is in the eyepiece - set zero position -(put mount off/onn still testing this) and do a one or two start alignment.

I both cases then I had no trouble with the goto afterwards

I found also that after getting Polaris in the eyepiece and setting to zero position my alignment stars fell into the eyepiece ...

#4 Michaeljhogan

Michaeljhogan

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:39 AM

Does the Zero position not to be set after every polar alignment? Unless the mount is permanently set up?

I am testing this out now.

On two occasions I worked it this way

Polar align - be sure Polaris is in the eyepiece - set zero position -(put mount off/onn still testing this) and do a one or two start alignment.

I both cases then I had no trouble with the goto afterwards

I found also that after getting Polaris in the eyepiece and setting to zero position my alignment stars fell into the eyepiece ...

hello mine is permanently set up on pier

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mount, equipment, astrophotography, EAA

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics