•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Custom Digital Setting Circles?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 agmoonsolns

agmoonsolns

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Washington

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:07 PM

Are there any companies selling digital setting circles who might be willing to work with a buyer in coming up with a way to add their DSC to a mount?

I have an older Takahashi 90S GEM (one step below the EM-200, no longer made) with RA drive and I would dearly love to add DSCs with some type of wired or wireless connection/interface to a laptop or a tablet running planetarium software (like SN Pro or Sky Safari Pro). I think something made for other more common older Takahashi mounts would work with very little modification.

Who sells the best DSCs and mounting hardware kits?

#2 Astrodave

Astrodave

Apollo

• Loc: Centreville, Va. USA

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:23 PM

Personally I love my Argo Navis but I think you’ll find most people say nexus nowadays due to the number of different mounts they support. I would contact both of them and see if they have anything that could be adapted. 

• agmoonsolns likes this

#3 havasman

havasman

Cosmos

• ****-
  • Loc: Dallas, Texas

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:25 PM

http://www.astrodevices.com/

Ask Serge. He may have already done it.

• agmoonsolns likes this

#4 agmoonsolns

agmoonsolns

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Washington

Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:01 PM

I'll contact Serge and ask him what he might be able to do. I love the 90S, it would be so awesome if I could get DSCs on it for finding the fainter stuff.

Edited by agmoonsolns, 25 August 2019 - 07:02 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics