•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SkySafari and a SiTech Controller?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 S.Boerner

S.Boerner

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Chesterfield, MO

Posted 26 August 2019 - 12:49 PM

It looks like I'm going to need to hook up a scope with Sidereal Technology controller to a laptop and then try to control everything with SkySafari on an Android tablet.

SkySafari has a SiTech Controller as one of the choices in scope setup but has anyone tried this before?

I've done similar in the past by running  both WiFiScope from MainSequence Software (the SGP people) and SiTech.exe on the laptop.  SiTech.exe acts as the ASCOM driver.  In SkySafari I used the computer's IP address and for port one that I assign in WiFiScope.

Am I going to have to do this again or is there an easier way?

TIA

#2 SeanMcCauliff

SeanMcCauliff

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 03 September 2019 - 01:35 AM

I've been able to get sky safari to connect to the sitech controller using the sitech bluetooth adapter.  The goto functions correctly (as correctly as it does with a argo navis,  but that is a different story).  This is on Samsung galaxy note 8.  It was surprisingly easy to get to this point. 

However, once on target it will NOT track.

I'm not able to make progress past this point.  For a large telescope it's pretty easy to get on a ladder and get out of bluetooth range.  Not sure if that is one of the problems.

Having a working wireless controller would be very nice.

#3 S.Boerner

S.Boerner

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Chesterfield, MO

Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:43 AM

Thanks for the reply.

We're really looking for a solution for a roll out 32" dob.  I think it will have a StickPC connected to the SiTech controller so my solution should work.  I'd noticed the Blutooth on the SiTech web site but being a bit cheap was wondering about other solutions.  It is nice to have other options!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics