•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Failed 1st attempt- The Blue Snowball

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#51 Frisky

Frisky

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Austin, Minnesota

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:52 AM

Folks- Thanks for the responses! I thought the thread had died and wasn't checking it, lol! I'll look at all the suggestions. I have a new dark site but haven't looked for the Blue Snowball out there yet.

Joe

#52 sanbai

sanbai

Explorer 1

• Loc: Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:28 AM

Yes, I see the prices are the same as they were two years ago. I bought the 2" and 1.25" DGM NPB with gift money together at the discount, and made a gift of the smaller one for my brother-in-law. 

Now I need to be patient about the Lumicon Gen 3 OIII becoming available again. I did have a chance to borrow one at a star party and was suitably impressed. 

The Lumicon Gen3 OIII is available again in the market. I've got one and I've put it in a spectrophotometer to see the bandwidth and transmittance: it meets the specifications - expectations.

• Frisky likes this

#53 jtsenghas

jtsenghas

Skylab

• Loc: The flatlands of Northwest Ohio 41.11N --Bloomdale

Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:34 AM

The Lumicon Gen3 OIII is available again in the market. I've got one and I've put it in a spectrophotometer to see the bandwidth and transmittance: it meets the specifications - expectations.

Good news! High Point Scientific still didn't have any in stock and told me by phone they had 14 standing orders. They canceled mine today at my request, because Don at Eyepieces Etc. showed four in stock. Two must have been sold before I placed my order two hours ago because Don showed only one more in stock right after my order was placed.

I'm reassured by your confirmation of your filter. 

• earlyriser likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics