Ok, finally I had some clear skies, if only for about 2 hours. So I set everything up for a quick imaging session. In the end I got about 1 hours worth of h-alpha subs.
My first impressions of image quality are very positive. Collimation seemed spot on, although I did not spend any time startesting as I wanted to collect as much photons as possible.
The stars look good across the field. There is some hint of optical error in the corners but not much. Certainly less compared to my previous scopes, including the SW 100ED, which costs twice as much including corrector.
The only thing that happened was the secondary dewed up quickly. It was cold and the humidity was high. But it seems that a dew cap is mandatory and I might have to look into secondary heaters.
But anyway, here's some pictures. First there is an abberation inspection from PixInsight, then there is the edited image. I took the cave nebula, new to me. The final stack is 44 minutes of 240 second h-alpha exposures.