Well it arrived!
OMG its HUGE!!!
ever thought of going from 102 to 130 ??
Well this is what your up against!!!
1. TS Express have been awesome to deal with so far - good comms and very helpful
2. extremely well packaged - no case supplied these days with them but still very nicely double box
3. Out of the box - wow this is nice - feels like quality instrument - the 130mm triplet lens cell looks nice and is well coated and the tube has more baffles than hot dinners!
4. Def glad I went with the 3.7" focuser - very smooth and robust - has adapters to bring the focuser down from 92mm to 68 and to a 2" and 1.25" EP adapter - it even has a very nice roto lock style EP holder!
5. Tube has a nice rotator fitted to the focuser - very nice and smooth with some teflon looking material inside it I can see to allow easy turning
6. Tube rings are CNC machined and very nice - the V style bar is a waste of space for this size tube - good job I have a long ADM one to fit
7. Weight is about 11kg bare tube and focuser - not light but not too big to handle
8. Dew shield is nice and tight and does not slip
9. Cover for lens is tight and will need a loop glued to it like my ES102 to make it easier
10. paint finish is good
Overall - first impressions are good - looks very well made and a quality instrument - def can recommend that 3.7" focuser though - v nice
I'll post more as I commission