•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New AO Spencer microscope

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Stock

Tom Stock

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:01 PM

A friend of mine gave me this scope... marked American Optical 2-62 on the bottom and Spencer on the side.

Images are very crisp maybe just a little better than my bino AmScope B120C

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0271l.jpg
  • IMG_0272l.jpg

• bumm and mosentos like this

#2 Tom Stock

Tom Stock

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:00 PM

I've been having some problems with the stage sticking causing the horizontal knob to unscrew from the drive screw. Everything feels stiff, so I am assuming the grease has dried up.

It looks like I could possibly remove the stage and clean/grease the rail.

Before I do this, is there anything I should be aware of?  It is easy to do this?

Thanks

#3 Tom Stock

Tom Stock

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 05 September 2019 - 07:53 AM

I figured this out.. the knobs themselves are used to adjust the end play of the worm by adjusting where you lock them in place. So if they are not adjusted correctly, the worm will either be to loose or so tight it cannot be turned.  I removed the knobs and rack, re-greased the rails, and set the endplay on both axis' and now they turn freely and smoothly.  

Edited by Tom Stock, 05 September 2019 - 07:54 AM.

• bumm and vertex2100 like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics