•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Agena Starguider Dual ED

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Oscar56

Oscar56

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Summerland, BC

Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:53 PM

I have been looking for another set of EPs to compliment my 24Pans. For mono viewing I love the dial up eye guards of the Pentax XW line.

Any experience with this set of EPs?

#2 Barlowbill

Barlowbill

Messenger

• Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:33 PM

I have a bunch of Astro-Tech Paradigm Dual ED.  Same thing as Agena Starguider.  I like them.  However, I have never viewed from anything to speak of.  I use my Orion Sirius 32mm and 25mm because of their field of view.  After those, I only use my Paradigm.  60* field of view does get hard at higher powers but still better than regular Plossl eps.  Most folks here on CN think it is a decent low cost ep.  I would certainly not expect it to hold up to Pentax XW!

#3 N3p

N3p

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:37 PM

I have a 12mm BST Starguider.. can't say much about the rest, 12 it is very comfortable, optically with a F5 Newtonian.. it's ok.. Against a Xcel LX 12mm, I prefer the Xcel LX.

#4 fcathell

fcathell

Apollo

• Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:53 PM

The are excellent eyepieces for the price. The 60* field is about right for me and they are very contrasty. Definitely better than some eyepieces I've spend more than twice that amount for. The 8 and 12 are my favorites for planets.

Frank

• Joe1950 and Conaxian like this

#5 Barlowbill

Barlowbill

Messenger

• Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:36 PM

I don't have the 12mm because I have a Meade 12.4mm Plossl.  I think it is a good ep.  But I haven't used it in over a year.  Maybe that tells me something.  I like the 8mm a lot.  I have been lucky and been able to view through the 3.2mm twice.  

• Joe1950 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics