•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Age Related Difficulty Using Binoviewers

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#26 LKSM12

LKSM12

Lift Off

Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:42 PM

A few tricks I've learned:

1. Many eyepieces are not precisely concentric and I sometimes need to rotate one or the other to get good, quick merging of the images.

2. Merging stellar images, especially those stars more towards the edge of the FOV, is more difficult for me than say the planets or the moon

3. Precise focus in each eye really makes for an astonishing view. But it's funny how sharp the image can still be even if one of the eyepieces is not quite focused.

4. Related to 3, as I've gotten older, the focus between my two eyes has subtly changed so I focus individually for each eye, much like a binocular, except I find I need to approach focus in each eye from the same starting point, either outside of focus or inside of focus. I typically prefer from slightly outside of focus.

The only time I revert to cyclops viewing is with 2" eyepieces.

Enjoy the experience!!

Jeff

• RMay likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics