•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter @ 9:05

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 T.C. COSMOS

T.C. COSMOS

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: TOPANGA CANYON

Posted 02 September 2019 - 11:06 PM

WOW!!!!! Never have seen the moons in a triangle form. Blown away it looks so cool!

• geminijk and gustavo_sanchez like this

#2 T.C. COSMOS

T.C. COSMOS

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 September 2019 - 11:12 PM

Must be the NHRA Gods shining on Force. Kinda looks like top fuel with the 4th moon out front, and Jupiter the tires. I know, but I had to say it ‍☠‍☠

#3 T.C. COSMOS

T.C. COSMOS

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 September 2019 - 11:16 PM

9:15 and I’m looking at a perfect triangle. WOW!!! Can someone with stalarium(?) post a pic from 9:15? The moons are on fire tonight!!!

• gustavo_sanchez likes this

#4 CeeKay

CeeKay

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Vancouver, WA

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:47 AM

Awesome viewing of Jupiter and the Galilean moons! 

Saw something really odd around 8:00PM PDT - about a finger width to the East was an object as bright as Jupiter.  I was viewing from my balcony and had the object in the RDF, when I put in a 32 mm eyepiece and focused, it looked like a high altitude balloon (like from the Man High experiments of the 1950's).  I didn't see any movement, like an aircraft or a satellite, it stayed stationary and gradually faded as the sun was setting.

Looked on a few satellite tracking websites - there was a spent booster stage that had passed in the area close to that time, but it's orbit was from South to North - this object didn't appear to move.

Still very puzzling to me this morning...thinking1.gif

• T.C. COSMOS likes this

#5 REC

REC

Voyager 1

• Loc: NC

Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:08 PM

Ahhh, missed it. I went out about 8:30 to take a look at the sky and it was still over 80* and humid. Nope I said, not tonight!

• T.C. COSMOS likes this

#6 T.C. COSMOS

T.C. COSMOS

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 September 2019 - 06:52 PM

I apologize, I was super excited about Force and should have mentioned Kalitta too. Happy for those guys winning Indy. 

If anyone cares to input the info, I noticed the thread next to this one spoke about moon locations. So I took a peak and took the time to input the #'s at one of the links. This is so cool. I've seen the four moons in an almost perfect trapezium, and now 3 of the 4 moons in a perfect triangle. What are the odds it will happen again, and the odds now of seeing a square? That would be out of sight. 

https://www.shallowsky.com/jupiter/

September 2nd @ 9:25 aka 21:25 

Edited by T.C. COSMOS, 05 September 2019 - 06:59 PM.

• gustavo_sanchez likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics