•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

PHD2 Forgets Window Size and Position

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jdupton

jdupton

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Central Texas, USA

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:14 PM

Hi all,

I have encountered a new problem on my imaging laptop (running Windows 10).

PHD2 now suddenly opens up as a postage stamp sized main window. I can resize it and place it where I want. I can maximize and minimize it. All seems normal. All of the feature panes within the application open just as I have had them configured all along.  However, when closed, the main window forgets where it was on the screen and what size it was. When the program is opened the next time, it once again opens as a postage stamp sized main window. All was working normally until yesterday.

This is likely a Windows problem but could also be that PHD2 can no longer save its size and position on exit.

Has anyone run into this before? Anyone have suggestions for things to try to restore normal operation without having to completely reconfigure the program and my equipment profiles (along with dark libraries and such)?

John

#2 Der_Pit

Der_Pit

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: La Palma

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:39 PM

Hmm, it might be phd2.  I had noticed the same recently, I had played around with positioning things, but when I started it next time it was back to the old configuration.

I'm on Linux.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics