•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First look through a Nagler...

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#51 Starman1

Starman1

Vendor (EyepiecesEtc.com)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:01 PM

His book did not date the introduction of each type and did not cover a LOT of the eyepieces available today.

He did talk about many of the eyepieces available and give a small discussion of each type, as well as, of course, some

generic information about eyepieces.

My house is under construction right now, but some time in the next couple weeks I'll dig out from under and rescue my copy.

Send me your address in a private message and I'll gladly send you my copy once I find it again (might be a month).

Don

Edited by Starman1, 16 September 2019 - 02:02 PM.

• Scott in NC likes this

#52 bremms

bremms

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: SC

Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:49 PM

Used a 13mm Nagler for the first time in about 1984. My friend joked that it cost more then his Coulter 10.1".

• Scott in NC likes this

#53 Scott in NC

Scott in NC

Refractor Fanatic

• Administrators
  • Loc: NC

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:08 PM

His book did not date the introduction of each type and did not cover a LOT of the eyepieces available today.

He did talk about many of the eyepieces available and give a small discussion of each type, as well as, of course, some

generic information about eyepieces.

My house is under construction right now, but some time in the next couple weeks I'll dig out from under and rescue my copy.

Send me your address in a private message and I'll gladly send you my copy once I find it again (might be a month).

Don

Wow--that would be awesome.  Thanks!

#54 25585

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: In a valley, in the UK.

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:21 PM

The only reason I corrected you is many people search these fora, sometimes years later, looking for answers or researching a topic.  When you creatively "invent" words, it passes mis-information, just because you cannot accurately and correctly describe the history of these eyepieces.  For the record, these eyepieces are known throughout the rest of the amateur astronomy community as Type 1 Naglers.  I am missing the 13mm, the first available, in the photo below.    

attachicon.gif TV Naglers T1 - small.jpg

Jaimo!

Its like years of century or milennia. The first is number 1, not zero. The first year of the 21st century is 2001 (and last of the 20th century was 2000).

For the first Naglers, there was a numberless period, before the Type 2s were released. But Type 1 is chonologically correct, though I prefer "Original Model". 

#55 YAOG

YAOG

Apollo

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:08 PM

I think that a coordinated set of current level Naglers makes one of the smartest high performance eyepiece kits one can have. The T6's are particular favorites of mine.

I agree with you so because of the range of focal lengths and scope types I basically have the 3mm-6mm Nagler Zoom plus all usable 1.25" Nagler eyepieces for my scopes from 3.5mm through 13mm at which point the 1.25" Panoptics take over from 15mm to 24mm then the 2" 27mm and 35mm Panoptics top out the TeleVue collection. I like the general optical and mechanical quality, wide scope of focal lengths and the granularity of the TeleVue eyepiece offerings. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics