I have an issue which I have a ticket raised with Celestron for.
Basically I did a Firmware update and App cleardown last week and could connect the first time I tried, but without moving an inch, I disconnected and tried to reconnect, but I get the usual error about making sure the mount WiFi is on and that my scope settings are correct, yet I have not changed anything in the settings since the successful connection. I was also away from strong WiFi signals and had a full WiFi signal from the mount, as my Tablet was resting on top of it.
On advice from Celestron I deleted the Firmware files from my laptop and ran the CFM tool, which downloaded and reinstalled the Firmware files. At the second run of the updater I was able to connect to the mount again, but once I disconnected I could not get back on it again. (same as happened to Tarzan in post #20).
I uninstalled the Apps and deleted the legacy folders from the tablet and phone. Then reinstalled and only set UK as the location just so that there was location data rather than zero's.
I have an Evo 9.25, was using the original handset, with a very new (used 3 or 4 times) USB + RS232 cable. Using SkyPortal or SkySafari, no accessories connected.
I have checked and followed all of the tips on Mike Swanson's WiFi troubleshooting page (link sent to me by Celestron).
Here is my latest troubleshooting and conclusion, sent to Celestron tonight:
Ok, while we're waiting for the engineer I decided to try something else:
1) Flash the mount and original Evolution hand controller Firmware again, downloading new files again
2) Do a factory reset of my Tablet, a complete wipe of Tablet and SD card
3) Install only SkyPortal on the Tablet, set the location as UK, don't change any other settings
4) Disconnect and forget the home WiFi I used to set the Tablet up
5) Move to a location away from any strong WiFi signals
6) Connect to the mount WiFi
7) Run SkyPortal and connect to the mount
8) Slew the mount to check I am connected OK
This worked. BUT, once I hit disconnect I am now unable to connect to the mount again.
I have tried closing the App and disconnecting from the mount WiFi, then trying again, which didn't work. I rebooted the mount, that didn't work. I reset the mount WiFi using the pinhole reset switch, that didn't work.
I think this proves that my Tablet can connect to the mount, but something happens either when I connect or disconnect that makes future connections impossible.
Edited by JerseyBoy, 22 May 2020 - 03:13 AM.