•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

iPhone vs iPad for running SkySafari for an Evo.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Portland Oregon

Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:21 PM

I seem to have better luck with my iPhone X than my iPad when controlling my Evo.   Partly the compass in the phone seems better, but more important the tilt controls on the iPad are very sluggish.  Sometimes it won’t stop slewing for several seconds after leveling the iPad. 

Anyone else seen seen this behavior?  

Related question, can I use the HC direction  buttons when doing an initial alignment in SkySafari?

#2 skaiser

skaiser

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: dallas Texas

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:51 AM

Yes. The hand control speed/direction buttons are one of the few controls you can safely use while working in SkySafari.

I use a iPad Pro with SkySafari pro for control of my mount along with tilt control sometimes.

Have not seen a lag in response, but the large pad can be harder to level properly.

• Don W likes this

#3 Dave Bush

Dave Bush

Vanguard

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:36 PM

Can you explain what you are referring to by leveling the iPad and tilt ??

#4 Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Portland Oregon

Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:33 AM

SkySafari allows yo to use either virtual buttons or tilt to control an Evo mount.   Some times leveling my iPad did not stop a slew while it did on my phone. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics