•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Northville, Michigan 16" mirrors for sale

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dark sky newbie

dark sky newbie

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Lost in your skies.

Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:01 PM

This isn't my ad, nor do I know the person selling, but I came across these while perusing craigslist and thought someone here might be interested.

I looked over the TOS again and didn't see anything against it, so if it's not allowed, sorry.

https://detroit.crai...6970123616.html

This listing is for a matched pair of large telescope mirrors These mirrors have identical mount but the photos show one in its mount and one removed from its mount. Both mirrors have been covered all their lives but unfortunately they got wet from a roof leak at one time. The mounts were rusted but can be cleaned and used. The silvering has deteriorated due to condensation but being covered all their lives they have not become pitted or scratched. Sadly I did take a chip out of the BACK of the mirror that was removed from its mount. The glass mirror blanks are 3 inches thick (pyrex I assume) and 16 inches in diameter with a focal length of 3000 MM makes them F7.5. Each raw mirror weighs 46 lbs and approximately 75 lbs in its mount. I have no idea if they are spherical or parabolic.

These would make great blanks for regrinding or just being resilvered and used as is.

Feel free to ask questions as I know these are very unique items.

Price is firm at $100 for the pair

00404_78GAPh0sngo_1200x900.jpg 00Y0Y_6oUkCsHjZTU_1200x900.jpg

00V0V_f32Q2fD6zUt_1200x900.jpg 00505_9qGwxFSc2gX_1200x900.jpg

#2 ed_turco

ed_turco

Vanguard

• Loc: Lincoln, RI

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:57 AM

Doesn't answer emails.

#3 pjmulka

pjmulka

Viking 1

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:25 AM

Really, must have gone to has spam folder or something. I’ve emailed him several times and he’s gotten back to me same day.

#4 Stargazer

Stargazer

Vostok 1

• Loc: NewBrunswick, Canada

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:44 AM

the link is closed...

This posting has been deleted by its author.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics