•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

MaxIM DL Experts: automatic autoguiding after a slew?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 psandelle

psandelle

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Posted 09 September 2019 - 02:37 PM

Okay, I've been using MaxIM DL (5.24 now) for 7 years. When I slew to an object, I have the guide camera take a pic, then hit track, and off we go. When I guide to a new object, same thing. So, the other night I tried the mosaic function in Autosave, and lo-and-behold, when it slews to the next mosaic panel, it automatically has the guider take an image, then begins tracking. Is there a way to do that after a manual slew? I looked through the help/manual over and over and can't find anything. I'm sure it's something silly I missed, but it would be nice. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, and before anyone says get some automating software, I have CCD Commander, I simply don't have time under the skies yet to set that up. I only get out, if I'm lucky, once a month. Anyway, thought if it could do it automatically when it takes mosaics, it might be able to be set after a manual slew.

Paul

#2 artem2

artem2

Ranger 4

• ****-
  • Loc: Österreich (no kangaroos in Austria)

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:28 AM

Hello Paul,

The best would be " since no answer to your question yet available " is to ask the question here.. https://forum.diffractionlimited.com/

Regards & Good luck

Martin

#3 psandelle

psandelle

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:25 AM

Hello Paul,

The best would be " since no answer to your question yet available " is to ask the question here.. https://forum.diffractionlimited.com/

Regards & Good luck

Martin

Martin - yeah, I did. Waiting on all fronts. Not a big deal, and I think I'll just write a script (if I can remember how) to take care of it.

Paul

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics